Spectra Logic Tape Archive
Fast and reliable online access to ALL your data with Active Archive
Active Archive is a combined solution of open systems applications, disk and tape hardware that allows users to access all of their data and gives you an effortless solution that stores and manage all of your data.
- Support for multiple media tiers: RAID, CAS, tape or optical
- Virtualized archive: seen as a share or mount point
- Encryption, retention management and replication options
- Vaulting: Off-site, DR copies of media managed and tracked
- Operating System independent: Windows, Linux, UNIX, or Mac
- Compatible with most media asset management applications
The developments in open systems application developments and tape storage are rapidly changing how you can store and manage data. With the ability to extend file systems seamlessly onto tape, active archiving can leverage the strong suits of any storage medium. Now you have the ability to extend a file system over a myriad of different storage structures to appear as a single, logical storage volume, allowing data to reside at the most appropriate storage level.
Spectra T-Series tape libraries meet all of the necessary requirements for Active Archive Tape by providing a unique set of library features that keeps your data online and protected.
- Integrates easily and is fully certified with Archive Management applications
- Highest Power Efficiency: Spectra's tape libraries use significantly less power than other tape products.
- Highest Density: Spectra's architecture stores tapes vertically in TeraPack containers, allowing our libraries to offer the highest storage density available while copying less space than competing libraries.
- Built-in BlueScale management software intelligence for data reliability and data integrity validation to minimize unscheduled downtime
- Media Lifecycle Management (MLM): Lifetime reporting on the reliability, usage and tracking of data and cleaning media. PreScan checks the tape leader alignment, threading and ensures that the tape can be written to; PostScan performs a background verification pass to ensure your data has been written to tape.
- Drive Lifecycle Management (DLM): Monitors and reports drive usage and performs verification tests to help prevent drive failures.
- Scale up to 960 drives in a single system for fast throughput. Performance optimized configurations are available to meet file access time requirements.
- Committed multi-year future roadmap available for libraries, software and drive technology additions that further your density and throughput benefits.
Multi-Task Your Library
Take full advantage of your whole Spectra library. When using Spectra's Shared Library Services (SLS) function, you have the ability to partition your library for both archiving and backup operations.
Downloads Related Materials
Spectra Logic Teams with SAN File System Provider Scale Logic
Contact Us to learn more! Or simply call 1-855-440-4678.